Tuesday 25 March 2014

Capsicum masala

I never liked Capsicum when I was in college. So my Mom found out a way for me to like this curry. She made the curry in the same way Bagara Baingan is made. It was a instant hit at home and also among my friends. Whenever I took this curry to college, I never got a single bite of it, it was shared among my friends. After marriage I made this curry for my husband and he too liked it. It goes well with rice, jeera rice, veg pulao and chapatis. And not to forget the benefits of Capsicum, it contains Vit A which is good for eyes. It is also good for hair, helps in maintaining thicker and fuller hair. Do you need more reasons to like Capsicum?

Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Servings: 4~5

Ingredients:

Capsicum: 4 medium size
Green chilies, slit lengthwise: 2
Oil: 2 tbsp
Tamarind, soak in half glass water for 30 minutes: 1 lemon size ball
Curry leaves: 2 sprigs

For paste:

Peanuts, dry roasted: 1 tbsp
Sesame seeds, dry roasted: 1 tbsp
Onions, chopped and shallow fried: 3 medium size
Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Red chili powder: 2 tbsp(suit your spice level)
Coriander powder: 1 tsp
Desiccated coconut powder: 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste: 1 tsp
Garam masala: 1 tsp

Method:
  1. In a blender, blend all the ingredients mentioned above for the paste.
  2. Shallow fry capsicum and keep aside. 
  3. Heat oil in a kadai, add curry leaves and the masala paste made. Saute on low flame till the raw smell of onions goes.
  4. Add capsicum, tamarind juice and half glass water. Cook till the oil leaves the kadai and capsicum becomes soft.
  5. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice/chapatis.   
Ongoing Event 
 


   

No comments:

Post a Comment