Friday 9 May 2014

Eggless cake

             
 I have always made cake with eggs. Never thought I will make a cake without eggs one day. My nephew was asking me for a cake from a couple of days. And today when I sat down to make one, I found no eggs in my fridge. Went through some recipes online, few of them had condensed milk instead of eggs and few had yogurt. I have settled for yogurt today.
               As I have said earlier, I make cakes in cake oven. This time also same process. People who are used to making it in pressure cooker can follow the same recipe.

Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Makes 1 cake

Ingredients:

Sugar, powdered: 1 cup
All purpose flour(Maida): 1 and 1/4 cup
Mixed fruit essence: 1/2 tsp
Baking powder: 1 tsp
Yogurt: 1 cup
Vegetable oil: 1/4 cup
Tooty fruity: 1 tbsp(optional)

Method:
  1. Sieve maida and baking powder together.
  2. In a bowl mix maida, yogurt, powdered sugar, vegetable oil, mixed fruit essence, tooty fruity and baking powder till the mixture becomes smooth. 
  3. Grease the cake oven with some butter and dust it with some maida. Pour the cake mix to the cake oven. 
  4. Heat the sand plate on the gas stove and place the cake oven on the sand plate.
  5. Cook on low flame for 30 mins.
  6. Allow it to cool for 10 mins and remove the cake without breaking it. 
Notes: 
  • You can use vanilla essence instead of mixed fruit essence.
  • Switch off the flame and remove from gas the cake oven ten minutes before the cake is done. Heat within the cake oven is sufficient,else the cake gets over cooked. 
  • Refer to Cooking with a cake oven  for a better idea of the oven I used.
Linking this recipe to Rafeeda

No comments:

Post a Comment